Question
Posted by: Joe | 2005/01/07

Nagging Pain in Right Ankle and cant find the problem.

I am 25 years of age and have this nagging pain in my right ankle for the past 9 years. I have had no prior injuries or strains. I find that it pains mostly when I am resting. If I exercise or run there is no pain at all. I have been to the Doctor, for X-Rays a Physio as well as a Doctor who specialises in Feet only, forgot what they are called..All tests did not pick up anything and whatever treatment was given did not help at all. I have even been for dry acupuncture. I found in the last month that the pain is getting worse. The pain is concentrated just below my ankle bone on the outer side, but also tends to cause an ache on my hip and outter calf. The "Foot" Doctor suggested that I go for a hip manipulation to a Chiro as it may be a pinched Nerve, what are your thoughts on this.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The podiatrist may just be right - this could be a referred pain from the Lumbo-sacral region of your spine. A chiropractic examination may validate this ......