Question
Posted by: Ms Mo | 2004/01/21

Nagging Cold/flu plus pregnancy

I am currently almost half-way through my pregnancy and I have got a flu that keeps coming back every time the weather changes or it starts raining.

I do not fel that it would be wise to take any flu mixtures as they may harm the baby, but then on the other hand I do not want to be too relaxed as that may also do some harm.

Could I be informed on what it is that I may do to find permanent cure for the flu that will still be good to my mini-me. I would also like to know how my flu would possibly harm my baby. Thank you

MS Mo, the flu won’t harm your baby as long as you don’t have a high fever or struggle to breathe. The best would be to not take anything except for something to open your nose like Iliadin® nasal spray and maybe a cough mixture that is safe in pregnancy like Expigen®. If you become more ill, the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.