Question
Posted by: OD | 2004/11/09

Mypaid Overdose Feedback

Girlfriend is fine, will have heart palpitations and shortness of breath for a while but will be ok and it is not good for her to do such things, but she is ok at least. I will be seeing her psychologist as well, he want to talk to me, a bit nervous. She apparently discusses me a lot with him and told him all about Saturday evening. It was partly my fault.

OD, thanks for coming back to us with further news --- I'm very pleased to hear that she is fine now --- and that she has such an excllent friend, in yourself. Don'[t be nervous about seeing the psychologist, this could be very helpful for both of you. Don't blame youself or feel guilty. Squabbles happen, and you did not choose that she should have responded to it in that way --- she did. Maybe raise the "emotional blackmail" issue with her shrink, as it's worth him considering and discussing with both of you.

6
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/09

You're doing just fine, OD. Being her friend the way you are is all you can do anyway. Speak to her therapist openly and tell him EVERYTHING, even if it feels trivial to your g/f's problems.

Good luck and I hope you sort things out.

Reply to lulu
Posted by: OD | 2004/11/09

What you have described here is so sad, I am sorry for your brother, it must be trying and No I don't want this, but I do love her and do want to help her. It does feel like emotional blackmail but she did apologise and said that she is not trying to blackmail me and if I cannot cope it would be best for me to find someone else, she realises that what she is doing is not right and I cannot leave her now. I don't know what to do, she is my life.

Reply to OD
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/09

Nevertheless... It's not your fault that she's the way she is. If you cannot cope with her behaviour, you're entitled to say so. It's commendable that you want her to be happy, but do you not deserve happiness too? If she tries to take her life everytime you have an argument, is this relationship worthwhile for you? Is she not blackmailing you psycologically by attempting to take her life in order for her to make you change your behaviour and give in to her?

She's seeing a psychiatrist. Good!
You're seeing him too. Excellent! This way the two of you can work on a plan to make her better.

A little personal info: My sis-in-law tried a total of 16 times to take her life in a 9 year relationship, and finally succeeded a week ago. My brother lived with this in silence for all these years. Her family blames him for her death and it's ripping his heart out. Do you want this?

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/11/09

Tell you girlfriend to drink lots of water irrespective, she has to clean her system and eat a lot of fruit.

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: OD | 2004/11/09

I had a fight with her and she is rather unstable. I know I shouldn't blame myself but do feel a lot of guilt. I love her and don't want anything to happen to her because I cannot cope with her behaviour, she is a bit odd at times.

Reply to OD
Posted by: lulu | 2004/11/09

How can it be partly your fault? Did you hand her the water to wash it down with? How can you blame yourself for this?

Reply to lulu