Question
Posted by: Mary | 2006/04/21

Myomectomy

Hi Gynae doc,

I had a myomectomy on 3 April 2006, it is now almost three weeks later. My cut (laparotomy) is not sore any more but my abdomen seems very sore and tender on the inside, more to the right and just below my rib cage, the two myomes that were removed was on top of my uterus, on the left and right side, the right hand side was obstructing my fallopian tube, (My right hand fallopian tube was damaged in the process).

How long after the op will I be pain free, and do you think the pain inside my abdomen is normal after a myomectomy?

I am only due to see my gynae in three weeks time.

Thanks for all you advice so far!

The pain is normal. It usually takes up to 6 weeks to recover.