Question
Posted by: Marina | 2006/10/30

Myocarditis

I was rushed to the emergency rooms of the hospital after my baby was born as I struggled to breathe and experienced chestpains. My blood pressure was very high at the time. After several hours and lots of tests, the doctor told me that I had suffered from Myocarditis. I had bronchitis at the time and although I had an epidural, it only worked on my left side. It was a difficult delivery. I started feeling the above symptoms about an hour after my baby was born.

What is Myocarditis exactly? Will it happen again? I had high blood pressure for 3 months after my baby was born. I normally have low blood pressure.

Marina

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Marina
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle due to a viral infection - usually a complication of flu. It may not happen again.