Posted by: kerry | 2005/07/22

my younger brother is a thief

Since my parents got divorced my brother has had behaviour problems, he is now 17 and has started stealing money from family. he doesn't do drugs but uses the money to buy computer games etc. My mom has caught him once and he promised not to do it again but he is still activly stealing what can we do

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I like Penscil 2005's approach. he needs to be made aware in no uncertain terms that the whole family knows what he is doing, and that it is totally unacceptable. If he stole from anyone else, they would call the police and he'd end up in court. he needs to know that he is being selfish and greedy and dishonest, and the local police may be prepared ( should be ) to cooperate and to convince him that the very next time he steals, he WILL be arrested and will have a criminal record and face penalties for this. At the same time, consider placin him in councelling to deal with whatever issues he may have brooding away. At 17 he is quite old enough to WORK in his spare time to earn money for anything as unimportant as computer games

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pencil 2005 | 2005/07/22

I think he needs to be made quiet aware that what is he doing is one of highly activities of Crime which would make him ended up in prison. This should be done in the manner in which you go personaly to the nearest S A Police and ask a station commander to write down a warning declaration which will state clearly that deeds of that nature would not be tolarated and once this seems to be carried on, then the Law would take its cause. Make him to see that there is a pending record about him at the Police concerning what is he doing!

Reply to Pencil 2005

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.