Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008/12/10

My x husband' s child

He is a drunk and he lives with his parents who are also drunks. He' s 45 and they are 70 something (only child, never works etc).

The childs mother left him 1 year ago (due to abuse, drinking and cheating - same reason I did) and has now passed away from cancer. The neighbour being the God mother raised this child - the mother was in hospital a lot and they always left the child there. I dont know why my mother-in-law didnt do it ...but ja.

The mother told me and the God Mother as well as her other 3 sons (not from my x) that she wanted the God Mother to look after him and raise him. As it is the God Mother takes him to school, fetch from aftercare etc because the mother was to weak and the father was drunk more than not and the gran parents just refuse to do it saying they are to old...

3 days after her death only did my x look for his child, arrived at the people drunk, him and his mother throwing stones at the house etc... The God mother then telephoned the police. Who told my x to leave.

Soooo eventually the God Mother phoned the welfare and also childline because this child of 8 talks about the father and his girlfriend smoking dagga, having sex where he can see them as well as in the garden. Do you know what the welfare said to her? You think thats bad you should see what goes on in the locations!!!!

Where does she start CS?

(dont even ask me why im involved - they are in Bloemfontein and I am in JHB and i' ve had no contact with them accept for the last month because she wasnt getting maintenance from him...)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

HI bgf, nice to hear from you again.
Obviously to anyone of the slightest intelligence, this man and his family are not fit to look after the kid(s) properly, and the Godmother is. How appalling that the Child Welfare people could be so stupid and irresponsible. Just because some kids might be in even worse situations doesn't mean you ignore all other abused kids.
She could try through Childline to find if there is anyone competent within the local Child Welfare. She should probably talk with a lawyer ( maybe the Bloem University Law School has a free law clinic ? ) and see what legal steps could be taken to protect the kids.
Anyone else have some ideas ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.