Question
Posted by: ERM | 2007/03/06

my world is collapsing around me

im 48. Feb / march has been the worst time of my life. My lover of 18 years dumped me for a 20 year old, my beloved younger sister died suddenly and yesterday i was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I have no support system. i would go and talk to a psychologist but he isnt going to bring my lover back, or my sister back or cure my cancer. i dont know what to do. I am numb.

So sorry to hear of this clump of catastrophes, ERM. Of course you're right that talking to a psychologist / counsellor isn't going to bring back your sister, but it can help you come to terms with the loss, and remember her fondly rather than so sadly. It may not bring back your lover, but again, can help you to adjust to it and set yourself fre for more fruitful relationships. And though it won't exactly cure your cancer, it will be able to help significantly to work, along with medical treatments, towards finding a cure or it

2
Posted by: Joan | 2007/03/06

I know how you feel my mom passed away not so long ago and shortly after my grandfather, but i learnt in a hard way that you need to motivate yourself and try and be an example for others who might go through a similar situation in the future, you need to tell yourself it's your life and no body else can make it better besides yourself, you only live once and you need to be strong and show yourself not anybody else that you have control of your life, and miss these people you have full right and don't hide it away if you missing them and yu want to cry go and do it cry your heart out and when you feel better pick yourself up off the floor ( cos no one is going to do it for you ) and carry on you have to deal with these things and life does go on . Remember this man left you for a reason non other than the fact that there is a better man out there for you that is gonna treat you like you deserve to be treated. Everything in life happens for a reason and if it doesn't kill it can only make you stronger.
Good luck and my heart goes out to you.

Reply to Joan
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/06

No, it won't undo anything but whoever you see can be a shoulder to lean on. A crutch isn't too bad when you are a cripple, hey. You might also want to try getting involved in a church group or something so you have a strong support base.

Reply to RMC