Question
Posted by: Dude | 2004/10/26

my wee dog

hi there...

My wee dog has pished all ova my wee flat and it smells like shyte... I have concluded that smell definitely plays a major role in the way we feel, it's funny how one can be altered by ones senses... but 4 now I am feelin like cuttin off my nose...

My wee dog weed all over the patio and pished off the neighbor down stairs as he said my wee dogs wee was drippin all over his patio and killin his grass...

Doing the neighborly thing I moved my wee dog to a big patio upstairs away from the little one downstairs but am finding my neighbor to be a bit of a winin little puta now ... a bit cheeky and generally not have any consideration 4 others... he braais and smokes out my house every frikken weekend and am gettin to feel thoughts of violence towards him... I cant get into a fight with this dick head but cant really handle been treated like a bitch?

How does one maintain the peace from a social perspective and also inside ones head?

Cheers
Dude

Dude, if that was really easy to achieve, I'd be out of business ! It sometimes seems like we always end up with nasty neighbours, but that's probably an artefact, because nice neighbours we consider friends, and don't quite count them into the reckoning.
Is this a new dog, or a new reaction by the dog. Maybe he was expressing his dislike of that downstairs neighbour. Because it can be useful in any problem like this to ask not only What Happened, but Why NOW, and why here. Dog's usually don't like to soil where they live. Is there a dog version of kitty litter you could get to provide him with a safer place to exercise his watering skills >
I suppose I should say, have you tried an amicable chat with the neighbour --- apologising ( even if you don't really feel very sorry ) for the wee incident, and explaining how you've switched patios for the dog, to try to remedy the situation. And mentioning that by the way, you have a problem that when he has a braai, you tend to get smoked out, and does he have any suggestions for dealing with that problem ?
Smell and mood, yes, even taste. Proust wrote a lot about how the taste of a particular variety of French tea-cake brought a whole host of memories surging back to him. So smells can bring back pleasant or unpleasant memories ( like a pal of mine who had awful experiences back in the days of the border war, who feels wobbly when he smells deisel fumes. And clearly a lot of people prefer nice smells, hence the large and highly profitable sales of so many different deodorants, perfumes, fragrances, and all those household smell-remover and smell-adder products. At least the weather is probably better for leaving some windows open a while ( if security is OK where you are ) than it might have been in midwinter.
Regards to that wee dog. ( and now we know why he's called a wee dog ? )

1
Posted by: Art | 2004/10/27

Dude,
Obvious conclusion is you are living in a complex, normally there are rules re braaing in your place re smoke talk to the committee or ask him please as the smoke stinks up your place to not do this again if he persists sad nail him go see a lawyer and have him pay for cleaning and replacement of goods if he is an asshole like he sounds to be don't back off you have as much right as he does.

Reply to Art