Question
Posted by: Lee | 2004/11/04

My two 13 year olds

I daughter is 13 ad expereinces frequent headaches. The doctor said he thought it may be migraines. This happened soon after he thought she had menigitis but the tests came back negative. I then had her eyes tested and she is a little short sighted so she was given glasses but the problem persists. She only feels relieve once she lies in a dark room and sleeps for about 4 hours. I also have a 13 year old foster child who is having her tonsils removed in a few days. She has expereince frequent infections and it was suggested by an ENT that she have them removed. I believe that this operation is more painful when you are older and it takes longer to heal. Is this true and if so how can I speed up the healing process?

Lee, it sounds like your daughter might have migraines. The easiest would be to take her to a neurologist and have him make sure.
Adults suffer more after a tonsillectomy because they have had more bouts of tonsillitis and therefore more adhesions/fibrosis that needs to be burned away. At 13 it shouldn’t be too big a problem. Good luck.