Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/24

My startling house

So to those I haven't told yet - the house that I bought was on the market for over 3 months before I bought it. All the offers made fell through. And it was cheap too. Good condition, with lots of extra's, big enough to breathe in and around R100 000 cheaper than other houses in the same class. So why didn't it sell quickly? Technically it should have.

Do you believe in ghosts? Or even spirits being able to influence things after they have died?

My sister came to visit, and said that the house triggered a memory with her. She thought that she might have come to fetch someone there with our aunt for our great-grandmothers' funeral. So my mom called my aunt. My house used to belong to my great grandmother. When she became too sick, she left it to a cousin and moved in with my uncle where she could get fulltime care. This cousin then later sold it after my great grandmother died and moved to Polokwane. So now the house is mine, filled with many family heirlooms that used to belong to my great grandmother, but was passed on to me (I was her favourite great-grandchild).

Something else thats' strange, that I put down to stress at the time, is the fact that I keep on hearing music while dozing off to sleep, or when waking up. My great grandmother was an opera singer and pianist. I've still got the keyboard she gave to me shortly before she died. I used to play it for her when her arthritis became too bad for her to play.

Some might think its just an amazing set of coincidences, but to me it just somehow makes my house extra special.

Surely does make your house special, and suggesting an odd way in which it waited for you. And if there are, in any sense, ghosts, they sound like they'd be friendly ones !

1
Posted by: Liz123 | 2005/07/24

Hi Liza, het jou storie gevolg met die kids en ek weet dit gaan sukselvol eindig - geen twyfel daaraan.

Gaan ook deur 'n egskeiding tans - maar dis heeltemal anders as die gewone ding. Ek's al van 2001 alleen met die kids, en hy werk in die buiteland. Verdien sakke vol geld, en daarmee saam gaan 'n nuwe lewe wat hulle koop. Hy bly egter 'n goeie mens, vriend en pa.

Ek is uitgebuit op die forum as 'n "gold digger", en is nou maar versigtig om my se te se - maar nou ja, ons is seker nie die uitsondering nie, maar ons gaan uitmekaar as beste vriende en wat kan mens meer se ...

Wat jou huis betref, ek het nie gedink jy's die tipe wat aan sulke dinge glo nie, maar .... wat kan ek se. Ek kom uit 'n tradisionel Afrikaanse Christelike Meisieskool - en ons het sulke dinge in die koshuis gehad .. laat my maar net wonder ...

Wens jou net die beste toe ..., na jou stryd verdien jy niks minder ... maar los die spoke

Reply to Liz123