Question
Posted by: Jodikiki | 2006/10/30

My Son is Jealous of my Boyfriend

My 10 year son is very jealous of my boyfriend and I do not know what to do to help him through this. My boyfriend and I spend time playing with him but the moment we want to sit together and talk or watch tv and we hold hands or kiss he goes crazy. My Boyfriend has suggested that we go to counseling as a "family" but I have tried this route with my son before and he just won't participate. My 2 sons aged 12 & 10 and I have been alone since their Dad left 10 years ago. I really want to help my child but do not want to lose my boyfriend either I really need some assistance so that we can all settle down into being a family. Please help me I am feeling sick with the stress of this whole thing. Thank you

At 10 if shouldn't be up to him to decide whether to participate, any more than it should be up to him whether he'll see a doctor when necessary. As it sounds as though your 12-ear-old has been and does handle all this better, have you discussed this with him, as he could be a useful intermediary ?

2
Posted by: Jodikiki | 2006/10/30

Thanks Kat

Reply to Jodikiki
Posted by: kat | 2006/10/30

i agree with his sugestion of counseling, maybe your son doesnt want to participate but at least you will be given the tools to help him with out him even realsing it.

Reply to kat