Question
Posted by: Cass | 2007/02/19

My son is ADD

Is it true that most ADD drugs have the same effect on the body as cocaine? (class II classification based on its effects on the body...second only to Class I which contains heroine). I need to make a decision ADD medication for my son who is in Grade 4.

No, that's alarmist and propagandist nonsense. it is true, perhaps, that most drugs used for ADD are stimulants as a family, and cocaine is also a sort of stimulant, but cocaine is useless in ADD, and the drugs properly used for ADD do not have the risks that cocaine does. I know of no evidence that BioStrath is of any benefit whatever, but Eye-Q does seem to have some benefits accoring to a number of reports. ALso, I would NEVER ever trust an OT to make any diagnosis whatsver, as they are simply not trained to make any diagnosis.

3
Posted by: Joanne E | 2007/02/20

But if you have a choice go for eye q. My child takes both the stuff prescribed by the paed (risperdal, not for ADD) and with the paed's 100% blessing the eye q as an supplement

Reply to Joanne E
Posted by: MOMMY | 2007/02/20

Try BIOSTRATH, ADD-VANCE or EYE-Q. All natural products. Available from Dischem and affordable. Pse note that natural products take about 6 weeks to work - discussed same problem with OT and she suggested that we try the aforesaid for my child. He has been on it for 2 weeks now. However if there is no improvement, paediatrician or neurologist will be able to help as there may be an underlying problem. If at all possible, try natural remedies first. Good luck, I understand what you are going through.

Reply to MOMMY
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/02/19

E-mail me at: nnbpart at yahoo dot com

I have a completely natural product for you which helps for children with ADD and ADHD (concentration).

Reply to Echelle