Question
Posted by: Malee | 2007/03/12

My Son

I have a 4 year old son with a very short height. Most two year olds both boys and girls are of the same height as of my son. Is there something that I do not give him? I am 1.6 metres tall myself and his father is 1.7 metres tall.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Malee
Neither you or your husband are very tall and you can probably not expect your son to become very tall. If he remains much shorter than his peers when he is in his teens, I suggest you take him to a paediatric endocrinologist. On the diet side- just ensure a healthy ,balanced diet rich in calcium and all the other vitamins and minerals.