Question
Posted by: Skhokho | 2007/02/20

My six week old child smiles

My six week old child smiles at time, people say she's actually having cramps, is this true?

Dear Skhokho
They are just jealous of you because you have a friendly baby! If babies have cramps they will pull up their legs, cry and be windy or burp a lot.
See http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babyills/babysymptoms/1187970.html

3
Posted by: Im with the doc | 2007/02/21

Why can't babies have emotions or be stimulated into happy/smiley moments? The person that came up with the wind theory never saw my kids smiling. I did and its not because of a cramp!
Drop the myth!

Reply to Im with the doc
Posted by: Angel | 2007/02/20

my baby started to smile at the same time, also been told it was winds. if you feel thats she's smiling and thats she is not in any discomfort then she's smilng. You have a friendly and loving baby.... njoy every moment......!

Reply to Angel
Posted by: B | 2007/02/20

She has wind in her tummy, Burp her some more. That "smiling" is caused by the wind. You might even notice a slight blue color around her lips as well. Maybe give her some telament (it helps breaks the wind and is safe for babies from birth onwards)

Good Luck

Reply to B