Question
Posted by: E | 2004/01/26

my sincere appologies to the gynea

I replied to a girl named scared. I was really worried about her, she could have had a ectopic(not sure if this is the right word) pregnancy, or so she thought. A friend of mine had the same symptoms, i was really scared fo her, since i am on my first pregnancy and can't image what it would be like if i have to loose my baby now, i was anctious for the doc to answer her question, this was no laughing matter. i just asked why the doc doesn't answer her question. i know you are busy doc, but i think you should probably get "students" good students off course ;-) to help out a bit. I think they should have 2 gynea's on this site to answer the urgent questions... no hard feeling intended on the gynea. And to anyone else who i might have been rude to in my answer, sorry, i didn't mean to be. i am a very direct person and doesn't always realise that what i say may hurt other people, this is a great site and i don't want to spoil it, so i am really sorry.
E

I think that the idea is to realise what the purpose of a forum such as this is. It is basically a site where people can obtain more information on problems. It is not a consulting service and it does not replace seeking medical attention. The questions asked are very brief summaries compared to the full assessment you haev when seeing a doctor. Therefore there are two different functions. The function of the forum is to provide basic advice, clarify some issues that may be hard to understand and to point people in the right direction. It cannot be used as an emergency service and any urgent or serious problems should be seen by a doctor.

6
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/27

I think everyone just needs to relax!!

It is not such a big thing. Don't sweat it E! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether we like it or not, this is an open forum.

You can tell this is a site for emotionally charge women!

Come on girls - R E L A X ! ! !

Reply to Kate
Posted by: tazz | 2004/01/27

Yes E, you are very direct. In fact I've seen some rather inappropriate replies from you in the past - even sarcastic. That's if you're the same E from last year!!

I wouldn't want a student doctor giving me advice. I want someone fully qualified. If anyone has such an urgent question that they can't wait 24-36 hours, then they must phone their doctor, for heavens sake!!!

This is a forum, not an emergency doctor service!!!!

Give the hard working doc a break. I think she does a wonderful job and appreciate that she is very busy!

Reply to tazz
Posted by: noxe | 2004/01/27

HI GUYS I KNOW THE FEELING OF URGENCY AND AT TIMES THINGS THEY DONT HAPPEN THEY WAY WE WANT ,SURE OUR DOC IS BUSY SO LET US BE PETIANT WITH HIM/HER , IM STILL HOPING TO FALL PREGNANT SOON , ENJOY U DAY

Reply to noxe
Posted by: www | 2004/01/27

Oi, girls, don't worry, we all know that when you're pregnant, you tend to get emotional very quickly and it can sometimes come across as being rude if you just get a bit emotional.
Don't worry, I'm sure the doc won't hold it against you - she's great that way. he-he-he - Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies ladies!

Reply to www
Posted by: ciska | 2004/01/26

Hi E,

There's no hard feelings and if I sounded rude, that wasn't my intention. I've seen on a lot of these forums people complain about doc's that doesn't answer. I must admit, sometimes I also need a desperate answer, but soon realise that they are also very busy people.

Have a nice day! :-)

Reply to ciska
Posted by: Zynelle | 2004/01/26

Forget about it, I also just flew right at you, "pregnancy and moods", welcome to the site, hope to hear from you in the future. I am 19 weeks on Wednesday.

Reply to Zynelle