Question
Posted by: Introvert | 2006/07/16

My shyness is ruling my life

I'm 33 years old & last year November I was involved in attempted hijacking. I was shot through my index finger & my throught. I have regained the use of my voice by using my stomach muscles, but when I'm around people I still wisper. I have been an introvert all my life. I have recenlty started a new job & finding it very difficult to communicate with people. I often worry what they think of me. I also find that I blush when I have to respond to questions.
Please help?

Well, In, the good news is that extreme shyness and/or social anxiety disorder, responds very well to treatment and in a relatively short space of time. CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy ) from a shrink works excellently, and some medications can also help it. The counselling especially would help you to get whatever remains of the impact of your injuries into proportion, and to recognize and remember your still excellent qualities, and thus to present yourself more effectively to prospective employers and other people. So do see a good local shrink for specific advice on this