Question
Posted by: Ringo | 2004/11/01

My shoes smells sooooooo bad!!

I love my shoes, but they smell soooooo bad. I dont know whether its my feet or what!!! Please help

Apart from seeking Cyberdoc's forum, you've had some excellent responses here. Generally, there's no point in letting yourself love smelly shows. Start with a few new pairs of shoes, then wash your feel maybe twice a day, at least, keeping them clean and dry. The general antiseptics work well for most people, even fairly dilute, like Dettol / Cetrimide in some cool water for a brief soak in the morning and evening. Rotate your shoes ( no, not turning them round in circles, but having say 3 pairs and wearing a different pair every day. Borax may well work.
Mycota and similar antifungal stuff is valuable if there's a fungus, which tends to have its own characteristic smell, and often itchy discomfort among the toes, like Athlete's Foot.
And spend plenty of time bare foot, as Shaun suggests, as flip-flops can get smelly, too, and need quite frequent washing.

7
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/11/01

Hi Smelly - your info is on the spot. It is recommended by many of these "let's go the natural way groups" to be used in and around the home (and yes, for smelly feet too) because it is so harmless.

This is what I found on Borax:
Borax (sodium borate):Cleans, freshens, deodorizes and disinfects. Softens water, prevents soap film.

Reply to Lucia
Posted by: Smelly | 2004/11/01

I don't know about Borax! Borax has numerous industrial uses. It is dissolved in water to form an alkaline antiseptic solution that is used as a disinfectant, detergent, and water softener.
Mayme "Boor poeier" as I know it. It really helps with my feet, only drawback is white powder underneath my socks, but it's better than smelly feet.

Reply to Smelly
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/01

its your feet dude.

Shuans idea of mycota is good if its fungal, if it smell like amonia (no jokes) soak your feet in - ag bugger I forgot.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/01

There is a product called Mycota powder, & you also get it in spray form. I think it's the best product & yes I've used it as well. Also, try to change to cotton socks if you often were them, & make sure that when you don't have to wear any, that you allow your feet lotsa breathing... that mean barefeet!!!

Otherwise Im sure CyberDoc will oblige you on the other forum.

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: danny-girl | 2004/11/01

Buy new shoes and wash ur feet ....???

Reply to danny-girl
Posted by: Lucia | 2004/11/01

and is this by any chance making you feel depressed too ? He, he, he - just joking dearie - you have the wrong forum here - try Cyberdoc, he might have an answer (and just for incase, I have heard that Borax which you can buy at any chemist does wonders for smelly feet) Good luck and hope you find your way to the right forum.

Reply to Lucia
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/01

I think it may be your feet....

Reply to Inc