Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/07/27

My poor cat

Ugly one of my ferals .... the one that tamed recently was involved in a dog/cat fight on Tuesday night .. this damm stray that hangs around came in to fight and of course my dogs got involved .....

It was pitch dark, the bloody electricity was off so we didnt see what exactly happened .. but Ugly vanished !!!

We called and called and we spotted her under the house ..I knew she would come in so kept on calling .... last night I heard her meowing and there she was on the spare room bed ..... but with her tongue and jaw all crooked ...... I tried to give her some water and food but of course she couldnt eat she just wanted to purr and be held.

So tonight she is in hospital having her jaw wired and a stomach tube inserted !!! my vet says its a clean break and will heal quickly .

Im going to have to feed her through a tube tho ....poor baby

My hubby wasnt charmed this time ... but there is no way im having a perfectly healthy loving cat euthanised because of a bill of R1500.00 which i dont think is extreme.

I hope she recovers soon. Can you get the owner of the other cast to keep it under control / have it neutered?

2
Posted by: Carol | 2007/07/29

Enjoy :) lucky bugger ..my daughter is of on the Inca Trail next year and im pea green with jealousy :)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2007/07/29

Hi Carol!

Shame, you are really going through a rough time with your kitties. You seem to have a wonderful vet though (as do I). Hope she will be better soon. You will have to catch the stray cat and have it spayed/neutered otherwise it will keep on coming back.

Hubby and I are leaving for the UK and Holland today; 3 dogs are in the kennels (the troublemakers) and 3 are staying home with the 16 cats and we have a friend who does housesitting ans comes and sleeps here. What a palaver! Lists for Africa have been made and it took me over 3 hours to show where everything was and who gets what and when, including pills. She reckons I will get skinny cats back as besides their two kinds of pellets they also get Lucky Pet, Taty Mince, Bobcat, cooked chicken and the dogs get Husky and chicken necks! She is very conscientious and I have left telephone contact nos verywhere. My vets (where I practically live - they should name their new wing after us) are aware that we are going and know what to do. I haven't been out of the country for 33 years! Am slukking Rescue tablets like mad!
See you in a month's time and good luck with kitty!

Reply to Cat Lady