Question
Posted by: Carms | 2004/10/22

My poor Adolf

My 6 month old male staffie, Adolf, is a real gentleman. From the age of 2 months he was housetrained and knew the words "off" and "down"- he has given me no trouble. Then when i had to go back to work after a long holiday, i decided to get him a companion- so along came Lucy. She's 4 months, and she's a Ridgeback x Chow- absolute lady but at times, a real trouble maker. The two of them get on really well- really, really well- but when they play Adolf does seem to get hurt a bit. I have mentioned this before, and Carol, you replied. I have done some "time-outs" with them- and they worked! But the other day i noticed some "lump-like" sores under Adolf's leg- in his "armpit". I have been putting Dettol on and ensuring they're clean- but do you think this is from playing too rough, or perhaps just cos he scratches a lot?

Hi Carms
I really think you should take him to the vet so the lumps can be examined and perhaps tested.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST

2
Posted by: Chill | 2004/10/23

I agree - get them seen to. And at the same time, try to determine why he scratches such a lot....

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/22

I think rather have those lumps checked out .... their location bothers me ....

Reply to Carol