Posted by: Bender | 2004/10/15

My partner sais that my penis is painful inside him

Well, I've looked up very little on pyronese discese, but I'm not sure if that is the problem. From what I understand, it is a problem which occurs later in life, or at least isn't from the word go. For as long as I can remember I have had a slight curve in my penis. I've never had any complaints, but my partner of 2 years only told me last night that this is actually uncomfortable. He's not sure if it is the size or the curve!

Question: Is there a excercise that can be done to correct this, or a opperation?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Peyronie's disease is caused by a build-up of fibrous plaque in the penis, specifically in the fibro-elastic walls of the blood chambers of the penis. This plaque build-up causes the penis to develop a curve, or bend, in it. In some cases, this can be very painful. Some men worry because their penises look different; some worry that they have a fatal disease. This condition, however, has many treatment options which all have variable success.

Oral medications, such as vitamin E, Potaba (a vitamin B derivative -- 12 grams daily for 6 months), and non-steroidal medications, attempt to decrease the development of fibrous plaques. Surgery is another option, and the type of surgery depends upon whether and to what degree a person's erections are affected by Peyronie's plaque.

Since you have discomfort during intercourse, and have noticed a change in your appearance, I recommend that you see a urologist for a second opinion. You can find one by contacting the SA Sexual Health Association. You deserve to know your options so that you can make the best possible choices for the best possible care.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Bender | 2004/10/18

Dear Doc,

Sorry, me again. My penis has always had the same curve from the day that I learnt I can achieve, and enjoy a erection. It's not the case that the curve has change over the years. There is no discomfort when I penetrate, nor when I mastabate. I don't believe this condition to be peyronnies as the general concences on that condition is that it starts later in life, and is usually associated with men aged 40 +.

Reply to Bender
Posted by: Hanno | 2004/10/18

It might also just be an uncomfortable pain. Communicate with your partner, especially during sex. Ask him what he likes, to tell you if things are uncomfortable. The key, as you of course know, is patience. Start of as low as possible, with loads of foreplay and lubrication. Also try different positions until you find one that works for both of you. Best of luck

Reply to Hanno
Posted by: Sybrand | 2004/10/15

There is a difrence between painful & uncomfortable pain is pain but having somthing lodged us your ass for a while starts getting uncomfortable I know so if iets the comfort just dont do it for a while or dont do it for to long. If its pain your dicks to big but I dont think its the curve unles its like 90* .

best of luck

Reply to Sybrand

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.