Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/06/07

My ou pragtige LIefie kind....

my poor, poor "liefie kind", she loves little Tiny (bokkie-hond) sooo much she even at night will leave some of her food (ALWAYS) so that she can give Tiny some....and then something drove over her back and the dof domestic worker seeing this at 9am doesnt feel the need to let me know until 2pm so I can't do anything until I got home and rushed Tiny to the vet - left Ne at home - The vet phoned it will take an operation to put her hips back together and 6 weeks in hospital and no guarantee that she'll walk again.....plus she'll have to be handled with TLC and Ne'tjie can be a bit rough...I had to have the dog put down...

Last night................
"Mommy, where is Tiny"
"ag my kind, hy's weg - soos ouma se hondjie, Stoffel...Tiny is ook so weg"
"Mommy agge no, where ?"
"weg my kind, weg"
"Mommy go fetch Tiny...."
"ag my kind, my liefie kind, Tiny's weg"

Mommy loves you soooo, Mommy doesn't know how to fix this. Never has Ne had anything to care for like this and had her own personal doggy who slept with her, ate with her, they even played hide and seek...this wasnt just a dog - it was so much more to her. I'd let the dog out so she can pee and when I looked to let her in Ne had already loooong ago let her in.....

Ag why does things like this happen ? Can't this child just have had this dog for ever ! Why does she need this hurt.....sy's nie die vermoe om te verstaan wat aangaan nie!

Verdomp!

Such losses are always tragic. What can come from it usefully, is that it provides a sad opportunity to practice grieving and adjusting to loss --- life will inevitably supply all of us with many opportunities to need such skills.

5
Posted by: CPM | 2007/06/07

Hi Adult CP - no I have not lost it....are you subtly trying to "kak" me out ? hee hee I'll mail you. I don't think I'll get a dog again we've always had the siamese and right now with things as they are i'd rather not - easier to find accomodation with a cat than with a dog...

Reply to CPM
Posted by: Adult Cp | 2007/06/07

Hi CP mom,

Shame I am so sorry for Ne's loss. What a sad thing to happen. But even CP children have to learn that life is hard and that there will be disapointments. In time she will understand that her dog will not come back and perhaps in a few months you can let her choose another pet from the SPCA. In the mean time let her grieve for her dog, just like any other child would do.

Please can you e mail me. I have lost your e mail addie....
Thanks and have a good day.

Reply to Adult Cp
Posted by: C. | 2007/06/07

Um C, ?????????? I'm C. Me. Ekke. Yours truly. Trallalaaaaa!

Reply to C.
Posted by: C. | 2007/06/07

Wow thanks. That starts my day off pretty damn shaity. I'm so sorry for poor Ne. And I know (I think we all do) what she must be going through. Shame CPM. I have no idea what to say.

Reply to C.
Posted by: C | 2007/06/07

Hi CP Mom, that is so sad. Really heartbreaking for a little one.

How are things at home? Have you and G spoken again? Are you staying?

Reply to C