Question
Posted by: mirandah | 2018/04/20

Mother in unbearable pain

my mother who is 91 years old suffers from oestoroposis with a fracture on her hip, is it advisable for her at this age to go for a hip replacement she has been living such since 2014, and she is in dire pain. she is living on stilpyn and voltaren. she eats well, and still healthy but the pain is unbearable

- 2018/04/23

This is very sad, and it is a difficult situation, because hip replacement surgery at this age is a very big risk. You can discuss this with the orthopaedic surgeon, but I doubt if they will consider doing surgery. The other option is to discuss increased pain relief with much stronger pain meds. Good luck and I hope that your mother can find some relief.