Question
Posted by: TeenQueen | 2007/06/08

My mother told me...

To get a girlfriend till I meet the right guy. What's up with that? I think it would be unfair to all parties involved. Though it's hilarious to think my mother would advocate such a thing. Just thought I'd share this hilariously idiotic statement.

Happy Friday!
;-)

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi TeenQueen....

It sounds as though your mom is in a stage of 'bargaining', which is often part of the process of dealing with loss.

And what has she lost? Her straight son and the fantasy of his having a wife, her having grandchildren and everything else that goes along with it. The bargaining is implied in her somehow trying to make a 'deal' - hoping that maybe, if you have a relationship with a girl, you'll become straight.

As strange as it may sound to you, I can understand where she's coming from. Give her space and time to deal with your being gay. She is trying.

1
Posted by: Deeve | 2007/06/08

Hey TeenQueen,
Man, she's just HOPING that you'll enjoy the other side of the fence, and somehow be what they hoped you would be....! Time to try and get Mom to realise that this is NOT a phase, and that things will never change, not now, not EVER! Don't see to much into all of this...if you read some of the 'series of articles' above, they confirm the stages that your Mother will be going through.
I was once at a friends with my b/f, and his Mom said she was sure I would meet a nice 'Lass' some day! My b/f packed up on the spot, and minced around acting like a really 'nice Lass'. We had to leave, as I couldn't contain myself anymore!! My word...who does she think my b/f is? Have a good one....

Reply to Deeve