Posted by: nomcebo | 2008/06/11

my mother loves herbfmorethansheloveme

i was rise by my grandparents never new my mother till i was a teen cause she had me while she was 14 i never had my mother love that relation with her i am trying to know her but it seem she doesn't want anything to do with me when ask her iwant to finish my studies i need her help she will insult me.but when the bf want things he wil get what must i do.i need her love which i didn't get for the past 20 years she doesn't know my birthday date and iam her only kid

Maybe she feels guilty about the choices she made, but it is indeed sad if she doesn't want to show love towards you now when she can. But face the fact she sounds selfish and unloving, and quite possibly doesn't really have the love to give you, which you are seeking.

Posted by: T | 2008/06/11

nomcebo, i feel for you. no child should have to go through that. just thank God that you had grandparents. i have no advice, this is bigger than most of us can imagine. i hope that eventually it works out for you

Reply to T
Posted by: ann | 2008/06/11

Mothers like that should be sterilised and locked up.

Reply to ann
Posted by: I | 2008/06/11

I'm sorry. That's terrible, especially considering that she's supposed to be the adult in this situation.
That's the thing, grandparents take in grandchildren because the mother is too young, but then because she's relieved from the responsibilities of motherhood, she never grows up & remains selfish, and now u're the one paying for her failure to own up to the situation all those years ago.

Reply to I
Posted by: Gentle Voice Of REason (GVOR) | 2008/06/11

I think you need to start by asking her to spend some time with you or arranging that you two do stuff together before you move onto things like asking her to pay for your studies. Remeber she might be your biological mother but she doesnt really feel close to you. So work on getting closer to her and develop your relationship first before asking her for material things, like money. Good Luck!

Reply to Gentle Voice Of REason (GVOR)