Question
Posted by: Dummy | 2004/10/18

My man + change

I am independent mature woman. I am capable, intelligent, good sense of humour, good job, own home etc
My boyfried also independent, self-sufficient, loyal, trustworthy, own home, many many good characteristics and a few (like all of us) quirks. Problem is that I feel if I were just a little more "helpless" this would bring out the manly side - difficult to explain but I still like to feel protected and cared for and now and then allow a bit of vulnerability but don't want to give up the strength I have which has taken me many years of battling on my own to achieve. I feel he too is too self-sufficient and leaves no room for me to even attempt to do something special for him. He cooks extremely well, prefers to do his own house work and ironing and garden. What can I offer except my company??

Have you discussed this with him ? Most of us are severely lacking in our skills of clairvoyance. You're both loving and capable, and independent, and surely if you can clarify the issues, you can solve them together ?

3
Posted by: Art | 2004/10/18

Dummy,
maybe your company is enough and he does not expect you to give more but communication is the successful key to all things in life so talk to him ask him what can you do for him that will allow you to feel special talk to the man

Reply to Art
Posted by: Whew! | 2004/10/18

Are you COMPLAINING?! Huh, sounds like the man we're all searching for. Yes, offer him you - your intelligent and witty conversation, companionship (someone he's comfortable to be around) and just be yourself.

Reply to Whew!
Posted by: Try | 2004/10/18

There is absolutely nothing wrong with ur man, you should appreciate to have him I think he is one of a kind.

There are so many ways of being romantic girl. Why take an initiative and cook for him at times, dinner for two with candles and a bottle of champaigne.

It looks like u are not sruggling financially, take him to a fancy restaurent now and then. Also give hima massage and tell him how much you love and appreciate him.

Organise a trip for two where both f u can relax and enjoy urslf.

Dont put so much education in ur head when u are with him , be urself. If u want to laugh do it, when u want to cry cry. U are still a woman whether u have a degree or not , so pliz be urself he ll take care of u and give u what u want.

Reply to Try