Question
Posted by: Serenity | 2005/11/21

My maid was raped

HI

My maid was raped when she was about 10 and nobody took her to the doctor she is now 21 and has never has her periods. we have tried different gynaes and none of thier pills have worked. what can we do, coz i am worried she may not enjoy the benefits of being fully woman

Dear Serenity

The rape incident is not related to her current problem. What she is suffering from is medically called primary amenorrhea. She would require further invstigation to ascertain whether the cause of the primary amennorrhaea is hormonal or whether it is anatomical.
It is very likey that, the fact that none of the other pills given by the other gynaecologists have had the desired effect, that the ideology is probably on an anatomical basis.

I would therefore recommend:
1) full hormone evaluation to determine whether there is primary ovarian failure.
2) That she has at least a gynaecological internal examination together with an ultra sound of the pelvis to
ascertain whether the uterus has developed in the normal manner or whether there is a defect or partial
absence or total absence of the uterus - which is probably a genetic disorder.

I would strongly recommend that the evaluation be done as soon as possible as there are certain syndromes, which could, if not treated timeously, result in some sort of cancer. I would therefore stresss the urgency of this evaluation.