Question
Posted by: noodle | 2005/12/12

my luxuries

Hi CS,

So... its 13 days till christmas ! Can't believe the time has flown... I suppose it's just this time of year getting moody, depressed, down, tired etc.... so getting to my point.. I have my own place with my basset hound as my companion... I don't know I have no problem with her sharing my bed... she is like my"child" if that makes sense but some of my friends and family has told me that I spoil this dog way to much and that I have to remember that it's only a dog.... I know that she is only a dog but still she is mine and why can't or shouldn't she sleep in the house or in the bed with me. To be honest I miss her when I leave her outside and she doesn't come to thouch me when she's drunk some water or when we sleep on the bed to just reach out and pat her body and talk to her if I wake up and can't go back to sleep.... ?? I just feel very sensitive about this issue... I'm just saying that her sleeping in my bed or on the couch in the living room till she gets cold and then snuggling in with me is a comfort for me... why should I give that up ??? I've tried and I last for 2 days sometimes 3 but I don't like it so why should I ??

thanks

Only someone who has never sriousl had a dog in their life, could dismiss him as "only a dog". You don't need to take such criticisms seriously, as they came from "onl a person". I see no reason why you should give up a comfort that both of you enjoy.

6
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/12

You can spoil your pet as much as you like. Its not like you're trying to get him ready to go back in the wild. I don't like dogs in the house - but then again, I am allergic. Not so allergic to cats, but even my Tigger isn't allowed on my bed. I get sick too quickly and frequently without those limits. Still. Tigger is with me every moment from the minute I walk in the door/wake up in the mornings, until I either go to bed, or go to work. He gets spoiled shamelessly in other ways.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Blue Eyes | 2005/12/12

Stuff your family!!!! Put that baby right back in your bed....If you feel sad, just imagine how your doggie is feeling...If you have your own place its your own rules, you can do whatever you want!!!

Reply to Blue Eyes
Posted by: ZeeZee | 2005/12/12

My dogs are like my children they also sleep with me and on my couch. It is terrible for me to leave them when I go on holiday and then I get a friend to came and "house sit" them while I'm away. There are some people that don't understand the bond that I have with my dogs and think that they are spoiled brats and I don't care because they are my spoiled brats.

Reply to ZeeZee
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Noodle, you are stronger than I am. I would never have lasted 2 days without my baby! Never. All my animals have been just that, my babies. If no-one else can accept that, then it is there problem. Love your baby as much as you want to and hang anyone else.

Reply to Frusty
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/12/12

STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY!!! I also have a dog that is like my child. He sometimes sleeps in our bed, he sleeps on the couch - because he's cleaner than some of my family and friends.

Luckily my husband also loves this dog as much as I do otherwise it might have been a problem. But you are alone. Why can't this dog sleep with you or lay next to you on the couch when you watch TV. These people who has something to say don't have pets otherwise they would have understood.

Enjoy your dog. They are lovely companions and you deserve one.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: carol | 2005/12/12

My family know better than to interfere with me and my animals . my 2 dogs and 4 cats sleep on the bed and the furniture , my kitten sleeps on my tummy all nite and the little demon is fond of "kneading" too.

Family and friends that dont like my animals can bugger off IMO.

It is your home and your dog . Enjoy it.

Reply to carol