Question
Posted by: abc | 2004/10/29

my life's on the wrong track- how to change?

I've been doing some careful analysis of choices I've made or been forced into through my life as well as thinking about who I am deep inside and how I'd like to live/be. I have come to the conclusion that when I decided not to divorce my husband some 20 years ago because the reason wasn't serious enough (emotional incompatability), I made a huge mistake which led to a number of factors which have pretty much broken all my dreams and suppresed my personality. I feel that it's too late to dicorce- nearing retirement and don't know how to get happy

abc, sounds like you deserve a period of counselling to work on this. Maybe you did make a major mistake 20 years ago ( most of us did ) --- you can't go back and change that decision you made then, for what must have seemed like good reasons then. But you can work on making more fruitful decisions about what to do NOW about the present situation, andn that is where a counsellor can be a great help.
And the movie Fried Green Tomatoes sounds like a good idea, too !

1
Posted by: Friend | 2004/10/30

My mom was more or less in the same situation as yourself. I will tell you what I told her.

Go to your video store and ask them for the 1996 movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" or purchase it on DVD (it was released recently on DVD). If you can't get hold of the movie, get hold of the book - the author is Fannie Flag. Exclusive Books will order it for you or purchase it on the internet from Kalahari.net.

You may or may not have seen the movie, but a little "Towanda" is all you need to get your life on track.

Reply to Friend