Question
Posted by: eek | 2007/05/31

my life has shrunk

since being diagnosed with cancer my entire life has shrunk. in between chemotherapy sessions i go to work and come home (i live alone) the chemo has made me feel very fatigued and i have little or no energy to do anything. i sit at home all weekend watching tv, i have no energy to go out. i look terrible, sallow skin, spotty and my hair has fallen out. i look like a corpse. I am trying to stay positive and beat this but its weaqring me down.

Well, cancer treatment can be very exhausting and time-consuming. I personally, from my experience, think that any form of cancer therapy that does not include counselling ( eg through the Cancer Association ) is incomplete, to say the least. They may also know of a relevant support group, as well as being able to put you in touch with people who have successfully been through the experience you're undergoing right now. Best of luck.

2
Posted by: Joy | 2007/05/31

Shame man no..this is just awful!!! Eek, dont you have family or close friends or colleagues that just help with say cleaning and a cooked meal?? I also had to go through the trauma of chemo and radiation therapy and thankfully had my family to take care of me..plus i was still living at home..i was 17 i was diagnosed with lymphoma...am 26 now and completely healed!! Do you stay in the pretoria area? I just feel so bad for you..

Reply to Joy
Posted by: Paul | 2007/05/31

Eek, you must try to find a support group. You are not the only person going through this and there is help in numbers.

You are in my prayers.

Paul.

Reply to Paul