Question
Posted by: Anoynomous | 2005/07/26

My Life...

I feel like shit. I usually work out a whole lot beacause I used to care about how i look. GIrls dont seem to want me, i dont think they think im hot. So I dont care anymore. Forget girls, although Its what I long for and I really need so badly. Im so unhappy and so depressed. Theres millions of beautiful girls out there, why cant I have 1 of them. Nothing ever works out for me. Though I had a good job. Im only 17 got called from a big company to do some web design work. Went in, he said I was hired. Month or 2 goes by and he hasnt called me at all. I call him 1 morning and ask him if I still worked for him and he said no. Broke my heart because I actually though I was worth something. Really Im useless. I have no life. No pretty girls want me. I want to do something to make me feel better. I need to join the army. My last resort. Ill feel useful and Ill have some excitement in my life. Maybe Ill never have the girl i want. Which probably means ill never be happy. which probably means that I wont have much of a life. This is all I think about , I really want me a girl. I dont know what to do or how to express myself. So im coming here to relieve myself in a way. My parents piss me off so much, I just play along hoping that I can get out as fastas possible. im confused, lost, depressed, sad, lonely, the works. This is killing me.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

it sounds as if you are giving yourself a really hard time, and deciding you are not worth anything before you have given yourself a chance. I suggest you continue going to the gym as physical exercise can actually help with feelings of depression and self image. However, you need to give yourself time and begin to think differently about yourself before things will change for you emotionally. If your attitude is one of girls not liking you, or they wont like you - you have decided for them already and they will pick up on this. You may also be giving off 'stay away' signals in your body language. If the job you had didnt work out, then it is important to give yourself the opportunity to try other places. Being only 17 you should consider furthering your education as this will definitely improve your chances. A career in the army is the choice of some - but it will not work out if you are trying to run away from problems or yourself - they will just follow you.

I would suggest that if possible you go and see someone for counselling so that you have the opportunity to speak about how you feel. You can access services via your GP. Although you feel angry with your parents at times they could help you with this by letting them know you feel unhappy and want to talk with someone.

Give yourself the chance that you deserve

4
Posted by: Mike | 2005/07/26

For every man who feels as you do there is a counterpart in a women who feels unwanted or they can not get a date. These are the women overlooked by many men, perhaps they may not be the prettiest, thinnest, etc., but they are out there. Open your eyes and heart to all possibilities and things will work out. When you are focused on a sort of quest your vision narrows and you miss what may be on the sidelines.

Looses up a bit also an uptight attitude tends to scare people off. Relax and check into methods of improving your self confidence.

Reply to Mike
Posted by: Dr. Doom | 2005/07/26

I completely agree with Jessie. Live a little.... She's come along.

Reply to Dr. Doom
Posted by: Jessie | 2005/07/26

Hey,

You are way too young to be so depressed. Come on.. live a little!! Don't get bogged down because you don't have a girl.. go out there and show the world what you are made of. The best way to get a girl is to not go out looking for a girl. Let them come looking for you. Go out to places where you know they gather and try not to be too obvious. Check out the room form somewhere in a corner. When you see a girl you like, move a little closer, but not right in her face. Try to make eyecontact.. keep for a while and then look away.. do this over and over. The key here is be mysterious. Let her want to come over and meet you. Don't sit there all night till the place closes. When you made eyecontact a few times.. wait till she looks at you again then casually get up and leave. Next weekend.. go again.. do the same... always sit in the same place if possible. If she is interested.. she'll come back time after time and at a stage you will notice that as she comes in the door.. she will be looking for you... when this happens you'll know that is the right time to make a move. Don't go stampeding over her, casually buy her a drink and start chatting about general things. Don't get too personal. Don't give out numbers before you are sure she's interessted. Always just meet at the same place. At least 3 - 4 times. Then only give a number or ask for a number and DON'T ASK IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CALL!!

I hope this helps and just remember "There is someone out there for everyone." Don't stare yourself blind against looks.. go for the personality... looks can fade but a perfect personality will be there for ever.

Reply to Jessie
Posted by: Dyl | 2005/07/26

You are way to younge to be feeling like this. Girls are not the be all and end all. 17 and wanting a job? you have your whole life a head of you. work can wait. don't give up on yourself before you even start in life.

go to gym, work some of the aggression, depression, sadness and all the negative emotions out. you'll feel a whole lot better after.

i used to feel the same, then i took up swimming. trust me when i say it works. i have doen so much now with my life, and i have so much to be grateful for. just wait your turn. it'll come.

i also suggest that you speak to someone, teacher, friend, close family member, anyone you can trust. don't keep this stuff bottled up,

good luck

Reply to Dyl