Question
Posted by: wanky | 2004/01/27

my legs

i excersice about 3 times a week and often had the problem with my calves. i have been ignoring it but yesterday when i was running, my calves pulled so stiff that i could not even stand. and i need to know what type of excersice i can do for it or is there any suppliment that i can take for this reaction, i do strech very well.

i need help because it was very painfull

HI there

There aren't so supplements that you can take to avoid the pain - I would say that stretching is vital, so keep that up. I'm not sure whether you did exercises that were vitally different, that used your calf muscles differently?
There is a condition called compartment syndrome, which affects some people. It develops if the calf muscles develop to such an extent that the musslce is too tight for the muscle sheath, which can cause excruciating pain. If you think this might be the case, you will need to go to a sports doctor and have the calf muscles assessed. In the mean time, perhaps do less strength training that involves your calves and see if this makes a difference.

I hope this helps!