Question
Posted by: concerned | 2005/12/07

My husband feels depressed

dear doc,

My husband feels depressed ocasionally. I have bought him St. John's Wort capsules, but he says that he finds it difficult swallowing them and that they make him nauseous.

Do you perhaps know of soemthing herbal that i could buy for him that he can dissolve in water and drink. He woudl prefer that.

There is ABSOLUTELY no other herbal product with any evidence of being of the least use in helping Drpression. Surely what you and your husband really deserve, would be for him to see a proper psychiatrist, for assessment ; and then the prescriptionn of an effective antidepressant, with, if possible the addition of CBT style counselling.