Posted by: concerned | 2005/12/07

My husband feels depressed

dear doc,

My husband feels depressed ocasionally. I have bought him St. John's Wort capsules, but he says that he finds it difficult swallowing them and that they make him nauseous.

Do you perhaps know of soemthing herbal that i could buy for him that he can dissolve in water and drink. He woudl prefer that.

Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

There is ABSOLUTELY no other herbal product with any evidence of being of the least use in helping Drpression. Surely what you and your husband really deserve, would be for him to see a proper psychiatrist, for assessment ; and then the prescriptionn of an effective antidepressant, with, if possible the addition of CBT style counselling.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.