Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2007/06/26

my hubby beat me yesterday

i am seven month pregnant ,yesterday we were having an argument at home and my husband ended up beating me.

i cried for more than 45 min. he says i disrespect him. later on he came apologising. he refused me to call the police. Now i want a protection order against him.

I am not clear what that means but if it happens again i want him to go to jail. i phoned 10111, and they told me to go to court. i stay in randburg and i dont knw what to do. please advice me.

Beating a wife is never justifed, and beating a pregnant wife doubly so. Call POWA ( in the phone book ) which deals specifically with helping abused women ; they ought to be able to give you very specific advice about finding a way to be safe, and getting a court order preventing him from threatening or assaulting you again, and even preventing him from access to the house until this can be resolved. Later, as the dust settles, maybe some marriage counselling can be useful, but the urgent essential is to ensure the safety of you and the child

5
Posted by: themba | 2007/06/26

Act quickely before He kills you .He not a real .Real man love thier women.just do it for your self and for your unborn child.do not let him fool you if he did it once he will do it again .Get a protection order against him.

Reply to themba
Posted by: Dove | 2007/06/26

Has he hit you before or is this the first time. Is his culture one of these were the men think it is ok to hit their wives if so you will have to accept it or leave him now. I don;t agree with men hitting women but there are some cultures were it seem to be permitted.

Reply to Dove
Posted by: Spark | 2007/06/26

LEAVE THE MAN TODAY!!! He does it once he will do it again. The barrier has been broken, he saw it is easy to beat a woman, mark my words he will do it again. For your unborn baby, leave him. It will be difficult at first but you will cope. Don't use the excuse "But I Love Him" that is the last thing you must think of now, think of the love of baby, it is more important. Don't let him confince you not to phone the cops next time, I hope there won't be a need to phone the cops next time, becasue you won't be around him. good luck to and don't be weak and give in to him. God bless you and your baby.

Reply to Spark
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/26

What if you went into labour because of that or a miscarriage? F*cking idiot! Take him to court and never let him near that child of yours!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Kato | 2007/06/26

I get cross when a man beats a woman because I cant find a perfect potential marriage partner. It's happened to you once and it can only happen again.If he beats you while expecting his baby and apologises afterwards then he doesn't care about you.I'm not trying to break the two of you up , but you need to act immediately.

Reply to Kato