Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2008/01/02

my holiday was a mess

My b/f and I went out for 10 months. I ended it because he was emotionally unavailable. We haven’t had any contact for 2 months and then 3 days before Christmas he went out of his way to bump into me. He was really caring and considerate and I thought maybe we should try again. However, after sleeping with me, he told me he has had 5 flings since our break up and was on his way to stay with another girl over new year. I was shattered. Especially as it was the festive season and everyone was jovial, I was a miserable wreck. However, telling me all this, he still says that he enjoys being with me, waking up with me, he worries about me and feels I need his support. I don’t want anymore contact with him and am going to tell him so. But, I am confused. Why would someone do this after 2 months of no contact and especially since he has had numerous flings since me. I should be long forgotten about. Your advice would be appreciated.

Terribly disappointing, indeed. And what a seedy way for him to behave. If that really was a break-up, of course, he would be entitled to other relationships if he pleased --- but not then to sneak back with you before admitting what he had been doing, after sleeping with you. What sort of "support" does he think he is providing to you in this way ? Sounds like he's just being thoughtless and selfish. He's far too immature to deserve a relationship with someone as good as you

3
Posted by: Britty | 2008/01/02

This man is either stupid or cruel - fancy telling a woman you slept with for Xmas that he is on his way to the New Year bedmate. Put him and the whole experience into drawer 13 and find someone who will treat you like the good person you are. Take Care.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: Ness | 2008/01/02

Some men are like dogs that need to piss on thier tree, they don't want you but they don't want anyone else to have you and they like to know that they can have you back whenever they want. Its an ego thing, he needs to grow up

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Maria | 2008/01/02

Maybe he just wanted to have sex and knew that he could con you into giving it to him? Stay away from him, and have an HIV test. It sounds as if he wants to be "friends with benefits", a very unhealthy situation to be in.

Reply to Maria