Question
Posted by: LP | 2007/12/10

my heart torn out

I am so sorry if this sound totally ridiculous and absurd! My parents are putting down ourdog tomorrow morning and I feel like I'm dying. I've been crying since I heard the news on Friday. he suffers from senile dementia, but is the most beautiful and loving thing ever and I don't gt to say goodbye as I live in a different city.

How can one love a dog so much? It feels like I'm never going to get over this and if if we are really doning the wrong thing....

I know we are doing the right thing, but why does it not feel like the right thing and how can we do this?

Its not in the least ridiculous to feel so deeply about this predicament. The important issue is what is best for the dog himself, and it may be that a quiet and peaceful end would be best for him. This is a significant loss like any other, of a creature whose love is pure and honest. Treasure his memory, and let him leave his suffering behind

5
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/11

I sat with two of our dogs that had to be euthanased, while they were euthanased. I felt it was the least I could dog, to put my hand on them and talk to them, to ease their fear and pain. So the last thing they heard was my voice telling them how much I loved them and what good dogs they were. It helped me deal with the pain knowing that I never sent them alone but comforted them. In both cases the Vet told me it was very quick, within seconds, as their heart was very weak. I could not sit by and see them suffer in pain, but as J-cat says let them go with all the love that you have for them.

I think thats a wonderful idea to light a candle and visualise them in a bubble of brilliant white light and pink, pink stands for love.

Reply to anon
Posted by: jcat | 2007/12/10

Know the feeling...sometimes there is a special bond with an animal that has been part of your life for a long time.

My boss sent me an sms when one of my special animals was going to be euthanased....'light a candle, envisage him inside a bubble of brilliant white which is filled with gentle pink light. Ask that their guides and guardians bring healing according to their soul's wish, will and higher plan'

Sometimes the healing for them is to let them move on without guilt and hurt to hold them back. Sit with the candle, think of all the good things you have shared, and give him your blessing for whatever comes in his future. Say goodbye to him in spirit if not in body. It's hard that our companions can't be with us forever, and you'll never forget what you've shared, but if it's his time to move on, let him go with all the love that you have for him.
hugs,
jcat

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Carol | 2007/12/10

Ill be thinking of you .... our pets are special and it breaks my heart to lose one. Just remember his suffering will be over.

(((Hugs)))

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Paul | 2007/12/10

(((Hugs)))

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Leigh1 | 2007/12/10

I cried for a long time after my dog died - and even now - 2 years later I still get a lump in my throat when I think of him. Somehow, animals seems to fill a very special place in your heart - it is because they love unconditionally. My thoughts are with you.

Reply to Leigh1