Question
Posted by: Champagne. | 2007/05/23

My head's a light bulb!

Howdy doc! Hope you're having a simply marvelous day!

I had a cold last week and is on my last day of antibiotics. I'm still coughing and my nose is still runny and stuffy, but I'm feeling a whole lot better thanks.

Just this one thing, my head and face feels like it's glowing. Like there's a heater in front of my face! I haven't checked my temperature, but I'm sure it's higher than normal.

Then, also, I wrote about the legs thing, how it feels dead and has a burning, itching sensation? You said to go to a neurologist prompto, but after Sunday's shocks (I nearly peed myself . . . ) it got better and now feels ok.

Well, to be honest, I'm too scared to go. Can I loose my legs? And what can cause this sort of thing? I'm sure they're gonna tell me to loose some weight? Could it be obesity that cause this? And can it morph into something serious? If not, I'll be happy to live with the discomfort and pain, because it only strikes sometimes, and the pain just last a few moments.

I'm sorry doc, I know you're trying to help, but I'm really scared.

Thanks again.
xxx

Dear Champagne
You can't just ignore the leg thing - it may be something that is treatable but one just have to exclude any serious causes in the process!! If it is something serious like Multiple sclerosis ( which is VERY rare in South AFrica) the sooner you treat this the better. It may be caused by obesity if it is due to a nerve being pinched somewhere due to weight ( I have no idea what you weigh but would only be if you are very obese!)

I think you probably do have a bit of fever - try taking Disprin or Panado and see if it gets better?