Question
Posted by: bleeding | 2007/05/30

my hair hurts

i still have my hair! the chemo has made my scalp sore and i need a haircut badly but my scalp is too sore. my hair looks dead, im sure its about to all fall out, i can pull it out easily but dont want to as my head is probably as pimply as my face is at the moment. anyway its too cold to go around kaalkop. im also exhausted i walked across the road to the shops just now and it felt like i had just run the comrades marathon. my next chemo is next friday 8th june. someone suggested i ate dark chocolate to take away this lack of energy, it didnt work.

Dear Bleeding
The tiredness is sometimes due to the low blood cell count one develops - just take it slow as it will pick up again. Nothing you take will really help just now. Use baby shampoo on your hair for the dryness.

1
Posted by: Karen | 2007/05/30

Also have them check your potassium levels is very common they get very low which leads to fatigue, muscle weekness etc.

Reply to Karen