Question
Posted by: nish | 2007/04/19

my girlfriend's boyfriends

the story goes back in time wheni met my girlfriend, she had so many male friends, and i took it upon myself to understand they are just friends, okay even though i knew what most guys are like i thought nope she will think i am insecure or obsessive or overprotective or controlling shooo the challenges of being a man inthe 20th century..then i found out half of her male friends are proposing her, but she reassured me that she loved me and that's what she keeps telling them and she is ontopn of it..i thought well let me trust her ....

and then i met someone who was completely taken away by me, this person was so convinced that i am the one, how ever knowing i am in relationship i told her, she said she was okay with it--i promised her to consider the idea but after thorough assessment i asked her to be my friend, and now we are friends even though she wish there was more and i know myself....there will never be anything between us...i told her and gave her my blessing to get a great man cos seriously she deserved one.

there comes my girlfriend, she knows the whole story i don't know why i told her everthing i guess i thought she could handle it.
she is hates my friend and on the other hands she has close to ten male friends who all proposed her...and spent most of her time with them but i have to understand but i cannot have one friend.

recntly there has been this guy who has been promising her marriage and she told me about him, honsestly i don't mind her having male friends but i don't like her to spent time with those who want to snatch her away...this guys keep discrediting me........guys how do you handle your partner;s friends i am barely coping i don;t know where to draw the line without sounding like an insecure moron

,,,,,

2
Posted by: nish | 2007/04/23

thanks a lot

Reply to nish
Posted by: Tori | 2007/04/22

Hi there!

It sounds like you're girfriend is being very unreasonable here. My guess is that she is very insecure and feels the need to have a lot of close male friends so that she seems and feels desirable. This can also be noted by the way she is jealous of your one female friend. She is insecure and needs to feel desirable all the time. I don't quite understand how all these guys can propose to her? Is she telling you this or did you find out from somewhere else? She might be exagerating quite a lot because it seems highly unusual that ten guys would propose to a girl who is dating someone?!

Anyway, she will probably tell you things about her male friends to make you jealous so that you think she is a very desirable girl and that you're lucky to be with her. Tell her when she looks beautiful and that you love her (if you do), then she wouldn't feel the need to flaunt her male friends in front of you all the time. If it's not her insecurity, then she's just inconsiderate and you should confront her about it. Tell her you're not jealous but it seems a bit strange that she's spending more time with them than with you. Tell her it's not normal and that you don't particularly like her spending time with all these people that proposed to her but that you grin and bear it anyway because you care about her.

Hope that helps,
Tori

Reply to Tori