Question
Posted by: Jade | 2004/10/27

My friend

I really need some advise: I dated this guy for a couple of weeks...broke up and decided to be friends. The thing is that I'm not really sure that he's over me. I keep on asking him cause I can sense that something is wrong but he keeps on saying that he IS over me and that he has accepted the fact that we can't be more than friends and told me that he REALLY wants to be friends with me cause I'm the only person in his life who he can talk to and would stick by his side no matter what. He has been very down lately and when I asked him what's wrong he just said that he's not feeling well. I know that he is really stressed about work but I can't help to wonder whether he really IS over me. If that's the case I would really want him to tell me cause I don't think it's then a good idea for me to be around him. I don't know what to do...I have suggested that we spend less time together but he didn't take it very well. Please bare in mind this guy is SUPER sensitive...he cries VERY easily, his parents doesn't really give a shit (they're way too focussed on their own lifes - they're both professionals) I REALLY want my friend to the happy person he used to be - how do I do that?

,,,,,

1
Posted by: Kabouslove | 2004/10/27

Hi there.

If you and your friend brake up,you must give each other some space immediately to brake down that chemistry between you.They say if you see someone for more than three times a week it can end up in a relatiounship.Specialy that he is so emotional it can have an effect on both of you.Like you said his parents are both professionals and he might had a lot of attention when he was young and get what he wants.Now welcome to the real world by facing people that is not his parents and treat him like any other normal person.He might use his emotional feelings to manipulate the system and it worked on one stage with his parents and not anymore.His parents realise it long time ago and they back of,because they know its hard outside and they need him to grow up.You are knew in his life and he does the same thing to get you and he can see that you feel sorry for him and he knows his game.You should,if you really need to came out of it only see him slowly less and less.Work it out by seeing him twice a week and then ones a week and then ones a two week and keep it like that and just make good excuses to not argue about it.He will just see his plans falling down.Please do not let people manipulate you to get there own goals.

Reply to Kabouslove