Question
Posted by: my food | 2007/05/14

my food

hi doc, i used to run 5 days per week but have since moved in to a new home and there is building right around our area, right across our gate and its really not safe as there are builders every how ever, i intnedt on starting again in june, but i have gianed 4kgs i am 1.76m and i weigh 63kg's i was 59kgs so i am not so happy but i guess i am to blame so lately untill i start runnin i only eat the following

breakfast: oats
snack: fruit
lunch: fruit , yoghurt or a fat free shake
snakc: handfull mixed nuts
dinner: chicken, veg, rice or pasta or meat
snack: hanful nuts

will i loose weight? and when i start running again i know i will
thanks and GOD BLESS

Dear My Food
Your present BMI = 20,3 which is already on the low end of normal (when you weighed your BMI was 19 which is practically underweight), so please don't worry about the 4 kg you have gained. In fact it would be good if you could gain another 5 kg to have an ideal BMI of 22. The diet you describe is also rather minimalistic and may lead to deficiencies over time. It is low in calcium and you should add at least 2 cups of milk or yoghurt a day (use fa-free if you are scared of using full cream products) to provide you with the 1000 mg of calcium adult women need to avoid osteoporosis later in life. For an example of a more balanced diet click on Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' , compare with what you are eating and make the necessary adjustments (e.g. more fruit, etc). This is a slimming diet but because you are basically underweight you can eat large portions of the permitted foods. By all means start running again, but don't starve yourself as being too thin is also not healthy.
Take care