Posted by: Troubled | 2006/10/27

My Fiance needs help

Hi Doc, please give us an advice. My fiance has a cancer in the stomach and we are told is attached to the rectum. She underwent three operations and she refused to go for the fourth operation. The time she agreed to go we were told it is too late. Now the doctors sent her home to die. She now has complications because she can't eat because she vomit a lot, the legs a swollen and she loosing her speech and weight. Please advice us what to do because we do not want to loose her.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Troubled
There is not much you can do - it sounds like she needs to be in a hospice where they can at least put her on a drip and keep her comfortable. You can also contact CANSA for support - see They have volunteers that can visit your home and help you with her.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Blaah | 2006/10/27

what area are you?
Take her if you can to little company of mary hospital so they can stablise her........................

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Trish D | 2006/10/27

Speak to her docs about having a PEG tube put in. It's a feeding tube that goes directly into her stomach and can be used for either meds or food.

Reply to Trish D
Posted by: 2 time preg | 2006/10/27

Telephone : 0800226622
Fax: +27 (0)11 622 3424
Postal Address: P.O. Box 2121, Bedfordview, Johannesburg, 2008, Gauteng, South Africa

Telephone : 27216895347
Fax: 27216893578
Postal Address: PO Box 186 Rondebosch 7701 Western Cape South Africa

Reply to 2 time preg
Posted by: Troubled | 2006/10/27

Hi Jackie,

Thanx for the response, however the number is not available, could you please give me the alternative number.

Reply to Troubled
Posted by: Ekke | 2006/10/27

Phone 084-250-4222, speak to Anthony, they are from Medizone, tell him Jackie referred you - tell him your story.

Reply to Ekke

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.