Question
Posted by: Sam_Boo | 2005/07/20

My ezcma is driving me crazy.

Hello

I have ezcma on the insides of both me elbows and it is very bad on my left arm. I have it on the insides of my elbow and on the skin between there and my elbow. It is red, raised and bumpy and EXTREMELY itchy! Also, if I just scratch it a little it starts to bleed. I was using Quadriderm, but heard that it is bad for you to use quartizone creams for extended periods of time. That really helped. But now I am trying different things like EPIZONE and CREAM E45. I have gotten so desperate that I even use my facial moistuizer. My GP told me it is important to keep the areas well moisturised, which I do everyday. I slather the cream on when I get out the shower at night and then again in the morning before I get dressed. Nothing seems to help.
Is there anything else I can try, or do I have to go back to Quadriderm?

Thank you very much
Samantha

Expert ImageArchive

Sam_Boo, there are other steroid creams you can use that may be more effective – Quadriderm® is a combination product (antibacterial, antifungal, cortisone)and not necessarily the best thing to use for eczema. If you don’t want to use a cortisone based cream you can use Elidel®, but it is expensive. You can also try a strong cortisone cream like Elocon® and as soon as the eczema is under control, you dilute it with the Epizone or E45. Good luck.