Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/05/10

My eye

Good Morning to you

I have this "watery eye". I am on eltroxin and if I don't use the right dosage have noticed that the eye waters more. I have gone for tests however and for the last 6 months my "level" is fine so that cannot be the cause.

I then went to an opthamologist who put some "papers" in my eye and by the colour it went said there is nothing wrong but she sent me to a hospital where they looked if my tear ducts weren't blocked. They stuck a long thin needle down, felt like it went past my nose into my throat and they sent a liquid through. In any case R1600 later and I still have this watery eye. I permanently walk with a tissue so that I can dab in the eye to dry it, if I don't then it just runs out.

Sometimes the side of my eyelid or below is raw. What can I do? Even my makeup on this eye doesnt last long....

Dear CP Mom
It usually is caused by a blocked tear duct or the eyelid that is weak on that side ( ektropion)See also http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003036.htm
One will only be able to treat this if you find the exact cause - being in one eye only I think it is a physical problem

2
Posted by: Seepunt. | 2007/05/11

Usually caused by eye discomfort, infections or allergies.
Also a common symptom of a dry eye.
It may also be due to swelling of the lacrimal sac.

Reply to Seepunt.
Posted by: Seepunt. | 2007/05/10

Fook ou tante, jy kling argais! Ek check jou al, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Anycase, sterkte met die lek!

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaahaha

Reply to Seepunt.