Question
Posted by: Wizard | 2008/02/04

My ex and my friends.

I broke up with my ex a few months back, she was cheating on me.

I ended it there and then.

My friends seem to persist in "bumping" into her and wanting to see her, they only knew her a for a few months.

Yet, me, they have know for a long time know, a few years.

I value my friendship with my friends, but it angers me that they will see her. I have told them that my friendship will be over with them if they see her.

To me, when they see her, it says that they condone her actions, what she did too me and it's ok.

Are my friends so retarded that they can't see what they are doing when they do on occasion see her?

What do I do? Shouldn't friends know better? I thought that these were good friends... I might be wrong?

Am I overreacting or what? What do you suggest? If I have to end my friendships, then I will. I'm over her, but it angers me when my friends remind me about her... I have no feelings towards her any more...

Please advise...

I understand how you feel about this --- have you really discussed this with your friends ( rather than just, in a way, threaening them or instructing them not to see her ) --- do they understand how you feel about this ? We know that after breakups and divorces, friends of both parties are often in a difficult position.
And may I suggest that if the fact of your friends seeing her angers you so greatly, this doesn't really suggest that you are indeed yet over her ?

4
Posted by: koos | 2008/02/05

your friends are trying to bonk her seing that she is a bit "loose"and because she cheated on you maybe they think that they can also score with her!

Reply to koos
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2008/02/05

If you feel you need to distance yourself from your friends, then do it. In the end you will see who your true friends are. Seems she/they reckon that since what tipe of woman she is, is out in the open they might as well all have a go?? I don't know, it's really fishy. But in any case, if this is the case your friends are being really selfish in trying to get it on with your ex and not having regard for how this is effecting your friendship.

I hope you find peace.

Reply to Blondie..
Posted by: Wizard | 2008/02/04

Hey,

i have no idea... it's really getting to me... ARGH!!! What do I do???

Reply to Wizard
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2008/02/04

What exactly do they have to see her for?? ! You are NOT overreacting, they don't sound like very loyal friends...

Reply to Blondie..