Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2007/08/01

My dogs fine with my new baby?

Im 33 weeks pregnant and my little baby will be arriving soon.
I have two dogs four years old a fox terrior and a jack russel and at the moment they are my babies..They are like little humans and have such amazing personalities.Thye are very good and listen to me.The only thing im worried about is if they will take well to the baby..I dont want to put them aside cos the baby is here cos then they will not like her for sure..I have started letting them smell baby products and her clothes..what else can i do to make them get used to her when she does arrive??

Sandra

The best would be to call your vet clinic and ask them for the behaviour counsellor they use and ask them for advice please.

1
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/01

What you are doing so far is fine ....what i did eons ago when my daughter was born ... the mother grundies had a cadenza too :)) I brought baby home and called my Ridgeback to come and say hullo .. she sniffed the baby licked her face ... yes !!!! and didnt get germs etc..... Shona my ridgeback doted on my children and would never let any harm come to them ... and me being the classic nutter I also told her that a baby is coming and that she was still loved etc etc etc :))

Enjoy

Reply to Carol