Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/07/15

My "diet"

Hi Diet Doc

I've been having these meals for about 2 weeks, as I need to loose some weight:

07:00 Tea with 2 sugar
08:00 Kelloggs Bran Berry Cereal & Banana
10:00 Apple
12:00 Wholewheat sandwich with salad & ham
14:00 2 x Chrisp Bread with Cheese or Avo
16:00 Yoghurt
19:00 Chicken or Fish with Veg & baked pototo
21:00 Milo (no sugar)

Am I eating too much? And if not, anything I'm forgetting or should include?

THANK YOU :-)

Dear Lilly
Your diet seems reasonable and you should lose weight on it. I trust that you are having fat-free milk or yoghurt with your breakfast cereal? if not, then add 1 cup to breakfast and ensure that you are getting a total of 3 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt a day to provide the 1000 mg of calcium you require as an adult woman. You can reduce the energy content of this diet by eating low-fat cheese (esp fat-free cottage cheese) and not eating more than 1/8 of an avocado on your crisp bread (avos have a very high energy content). Also substitute tuna in brine or the fat-free cottage cheese for the ham to provide variety and reduce the energy content of the diet. Each 1/2 cup of fat-free cottage cheese that you eat can take the place of a cup of milk. Keep in mind that doing regular aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day will also promote weight loss and firm the body.