Question
Posted by: mommy | 2006/04/19

my dearest little angel!

My baby boy is 19 months old now and as healthy as can be. He was born with a split lip and split pallet. At 3 months old he went for his operation to "fix" his bilateral lip - and my baby boy looks so handsome. on the 4/05 he has to go for his second op to fix his pallet, BUT i cant handle it. I feel like dying...i keep saying take me, let me suffer but leave my little boy.....I know it is for his own adv. to take him for his op but why......why must my little angel go through his 2nd op and he is not even 2 years old yet.

He is so brave and so clever and so gorgeous! How do i let myself do this to my little one.

I think im typing this message just to put my feelings on paper......and to say the Xander mommy is so proud of you and im sorry that you have to go through all these ops!!

Hello Mommy,
yes, it's always sad when children suffer or need surgery --- but it's marvellous when it's an operation which has such an excellent chance of making him well, and improving the quality of his life for decades ahead. And of course it's not at all your fault that he needs an op. Your love has helped him through the first one, and will do the same this time. In some ways it is easier to undergo surgery at this age, as you know less about it and have less things to worry about than an adult would. This is not something your are "doing to" your little one --- it is something vwery loving which you are doing FOR him. We'll be thinking of you both --- do come back to the forum and let us know how it goes.

3
Posted by: Tango | 2006/04/19

Hi mommy - you keep us posted hey!! You are a lovely mum and he is lucky to have you. Let us know.

Reply to Tango
Posted by: mommy | 2006/04/19

Thank you so much for the comforting words CS........I will carry your words with me....i will come back to the forum and advise how Xander's op went.

Reply to mommy
Posted by: Jemma | 2006/04/19

Ag shame my heart goes out to you!!! At least young children get over operations very quickly so don't worry to much. He will be fine in no time and as you say it's for his own good.

Good luck and I will pray for you.

Reply to Jemma