Question
Posted by: Special girl | 2005/12/01

My daughter is gay

I recently found out my daughter is gay - she is to afraid to tel her dad. She loves him very much and is afraid of his dissipointment in her. I have volunteered to tel him, but do not know how and where to start. But he has to know before he find out somewhere else.

I'm pleased to hear, for a start, that you have a good enough relationship with your daughter that she was able to come and talk with you about this ( at least, i hope that is what happened !) Continue to discuss this together and work out a joint strategy for discussing this with dad. Maybe she will know of a good local gay / lesbian organization which can advise more specifically on this, as their members will have experience of similar situations. Although he may feel a mixture of emotions, including anger, disappointment, etc, he will probably settle down before long and recognize that this is only one aspect of the daughter he has always had good reason to love, and still does.

5
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/02

Special Girl.
I think you should let your daughter tell her father.No father in the world will neglect his daughter if he truely loves her.
And from what I gather,you're family is very close.I firmly believe he does love her.
I have found the best way to tell someone difficult news is for the 2 parties to be alone somewhere.He will have to face her and the news.He will also be able to read the expression on her face.If you understand,

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/02

Sorry for the spelling!!!

If God wanted men to be together or woman to be together he would not have created the opposite sex. Love has many aspects.God did create love and made it beautifull, between family,friends and oppsite sex.Homosexuality isn't part of it.

Reply to Scrooge
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/02

hi girl

how old is your daughter?

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Trouble | 2005/12/02

Scrooge, firstly it's GAY not GUY. And please keep the bible out of it, God IS LOVE and HE created LOVE!!

Special girl, I am gay and have been all my life, in the beginning when deciding to tell your parents it can be very traumatic, not only for your daughter but for the entire family as there is a mental adjustment that needs to be made by the family. I was terribly scared to tell my parents, I was scared that they would look at me differently and question themselves as to what they had done wrong in my upbringing, when in fact they had brought me up with nothing but love and support. After telling my father, he looked at me and said, "I love you, you are my only daughter, you made me a father, brought more love into my life that I ever thought possible, if I had to NOT accept you for who you are I will lose you and you mean more to me than anything and I just couldn't do that" he accepted me completely. So I say let your daughter tell her father.

Good luck Special girl.

Reply to Trouble
Posted by: Scrooge | 2005/12/01

I am sorry for being straight.But I Think guy is wrong.This is my personal opinion. I Believe in God,and he strongly forbids it in the bible.I do not discriminate against guy people,it Is their own choice
You have a serious delema and I don't know how to help you.If he truely loves her he will stand by her and not neglect her,but try to help.I wish you the best and shall pray for you.

Reply to Scrooge