Question
Posted by: cindy | 2005/12/11

My daughter is 9 and overweight.

My daughter is 9 and weighs 160 Pounds. What is the best diet for her?

Dear Cindy
I would recommend that you take your lassie to see a clinical dietitian. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will work out a diet that assists your child to lose weight while still ensuring that she obtains the nutrients she needs for normal growth. In the meanwhile get her to become as active as possible (running, jogging, playing a sport, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), because diet experts all over the world agree that increased physical activity is one of the most important aids to encouraging weight loss in children and teenagers.